Dr. Roberto Romero Pineda
President / Founding Partner
Dr. Roberto Romero Pineda is Founding Partner of the firm and the President since it was established.
Dr. Roberto Romero Pineda is a Founding Partner of the Firm and serves as its President.
Roberto’s distinguished career includes service as a legal advisor to the embassies of Mexico and Guatemala. He was also a legal advisor in the private sector in the Intellectual Property negotiations for CAFTA and the Free Trade Agreement with Mexico. From 1998 to 2002, Roberto was Honorary Consul of Peru in El Salvador.
He was Professor at the Dr. José Matías Delgado University for more than ten years. He has advised on the drafting of contracts between foreign companies and the State of El Salvador with emphasis on arbitration agreements and dispute resolution. He intervened in Commercial Summary Arbitration Trials and has advised clients and negotiated disputes arising from the interpretation or execution of arbitration clauses.
He has been actively involved in the development international treaties He was appointed by the Salvadoran Association of Industries (ASI) to advise the Intellectual Property and Dispute Settlement Committee who took part in the negotiation of the Free Trade Agreement between Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Mexico. He advised the Organization of Support to the Productive Sector of the International Trade Negotiations (ODASP), and furthermore, he was deeply involved in the negotiations of intellectual property issues of the Free Trade Agreement between the United States of America and the Central American Countries (CAFTA).
Roberto has received numerous recognitions and distinctions. The most prestigious includes:
- Honorary Consul of Guatemala (2014- to date)
- Rotary Club, San Salvador, Diploma and recognition plaque as an active Rotarian for 30 years of service
- Embassy of Peru, recognition of his outstanding work as Honorary Consul of Peru in El Salvador (1998-2002)
- Decoration of the Government of Peru with the medal “Order of Merit” for Distinguished Services, July 2005
- Decoration of the Government of Peru with the medal “Order of Merit” for Distinguished Services in the Degree of “Comendador”, November 2006
- World Leaders Lifetime Achievement Award of the year 2008 by the renowned English publisher INFORMA in London, UK, recognizing his 40 years of dedication and achievement
Arbitration and Mediation
Free Trade Zones
Fusions and acquisitions