On May 6, 2020, the Executive Branch published in the Official Gazette the decree that establish the “Provisions set forth in Article 8 of the Law for the regulation for Isolation, Quarantine, Observation and Surveillance by COVID-19”, through which new rigorous measures were taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in El Salvador, restricting commercial activities to only ESSENTIAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES in accordance to the following list:
- Delivery of food and pharmaceutical products;
- Medical, nursing and all health related services, including dental, ophthalmological and hearing emergencies;
- Pharmacies, drug stores and pharmaceutical laboratories. The cosmetic industries are not authorized;
- Clinical laboratories
- Private transportation of personnel. The public transport of passengers may not circulate;
- Agro industry and its distribution chain
- Agriculture, livestock, poultry farming and fish farming
- Freight transportation services for activities related to the decree
- Call Center services for medication, food delivery, airline service, insurance intermediaries, electricity, telecommunications and internet services, drinking water, banking, financial and medical services
- Food and beverage manufacturing industry; such as cereals, powder milk, pastas, flours, baby food, sugar, salt, coffee, broth, condiments, ketchup, mustard and such, and its distribution chain; excluding those foods or products considered as snacks, sweets, non-perishable foods not included in the aforementioned list, carbonated beverages, similar and alcoholic beverages;
- Artisan bakery only, chains and franchises are excluded;
- Public and private drinking water services, pipes, including purified water;
- Inputs for agriculture;
- Cleaning and hygiene products, such as: disposable diapers, disinfectants, detergents, soap, toothpaste and bleach;
- Insecticides and pesticides;
- Fuel and petroleum products that are for the generation of electrical energy and operation of gas stations;
- Construction and civil engineering services, only to carry out mitigation works for winter risks, natural disasters and any other work carried out by the Ministry of Public Works;
- Telephone, cable and internet services and points of sale with the sole purpose of recharging cell phones.
- Electric power generation, distribution and marketing services.
- Collection, transportation, treatment and final disposal services of solid and bio infectious waste.
- Media and press.
- Funeral and cemetery services
- Aviation support services, such as dispatchers, ground support, loading and unloading of aircraft, crews, maintenance of all types of equipment used in airports, aeronautical maintenance and the like.
Additionally, it establishes that all the other activities that are not previously listed or contemplated in Legislative Decree No. 639, are not authorized to operate in any of its modalities, whether they are over the counter, in premises or at home.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, currently other restrictions have been implemented for which we recommend contacting us for any questions or additional queries to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.